Permits and Licenses

Building permits

Building permits are required to:

  • Construct a foundation to support a building or structure.

  • Erect a new building or structure.

  • Demolish, relocate, repair, alter or make additions to an existing building or structure.

  • All decks require a permit.

Set Back requirements

  • Minimum front yard – 7.62 meters (25 ft) from property line.

  • Minimum side yard  – 1.52 meters (5 ft) from property line.

  • Minimum back yard – 1.52 meters (5 ft) from property line

Business License

Every person enumerated hereunder shall procure a Business license in accordance with the Bylaw authorizing them to carry on the business for which the license was produced within the Town limits and for which the person applying for the license shall pay the fee prescribed hereunder:

1. Basic License

2. Fish, Farm, Produce Dealer

3. Contractors

4. Direct Sellers

Pet License

All dog and cats over six (6) months old must be licensed through the Town of Gull Lake.  This includes all pets that are kept indoors. Dog licenses are due by January 31 of each year or within 30 days of becoming an owner of a dog.

No person shall harbor more than two (2) dogs or cats. Dog and cat license can be picked up at the Town Office during office hours.